Halo-halo is a classic favorite dessert in the Philippines and across the globe. In Filipino term, Halo-halo means mix and mix that consists of various flavorful ingredients including crushed ice, evaporated milk, a blend of different fruits and sweet preserves like Leche Flan, among others. Without any doubt, Halo-halo is simply refreshing during hot months and a delicious type of dessert that is perfect for everyone.
Since it is now summer in the Philippines, many locals and foreigners who are staying in the country will definitely love a glass of this creamy sweet treat.
Here is the Procedure for a delicious Halo- halo (Mixed – Fruit Dessert):
- 2 cups of Crushed Ice
- 1 cup of Evaporated Milk
- 2 table spoon of Kaong (sweet palm fruit)
- 1 tablespoon of Macapuno (young coconut meat)
- 1 tablespoon of Nata de Coco (coconut gel)
- 2 tablespoon of Sweet Corn
- 2 tablespoon of Pinipig (crisped rice)
- 2 tablespoon of Langka (sweet jackfruit)
- 2 tablespoon of Sago (sweeten pearl)
- 2 tablespoon of White Sugar
- 1tablespoon of Ube (purple yum)
- Small slice of Leche Flan (for topping)
- 1 scoop Ice Cream (optional)
In a tall glass that suits best for Halo-Halo, put all the necessary ingredients into layer to make it perfect. Top with crushed ice, evaporated milk, ube and Leche Flan on the top. Lastly, drizzle some pinipig over the top and ready to serve.
When eating, mix thoroughly and digging in up to the last ingredient to enjoy!
Image credit: sweets.seriouseats.com