This Squash Noodles Pancit Canton Style is a delicious noodle recipe in town and my family’s favorite. Usually, we prepare this type of recipe for different family gatherings, birthday parties, reunions or pot lucks and served perfectly with the complete ingredients. We all know that noodle dishes are among the best in the Philippines and in the whole of Asia due to the influence of the Chinese.
Here is the procedure for the Squash Noodles Pancit Canton Style:
- ¼ kilo chicken breast ( boiled shredded or sliced)
- ¼ kilo chicken liver (boiled and sliced)
- 6 pack (250 grams) Squash noodles
- 1 large onion (peeled and chopped finely)
- 5 gloves of garlic ( peeled and minced finely)
- 1 large carrot ( julienned thinly)
- ½ cabbage ( cleaned and sliced for the dish)
- 1 large sayote ( sliced and julienned thinly)
- 10 pieces string beans (sliced for the dish)
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- ½ cup of oyster sauce
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 20 pieces quail eggs (boiled and peeled)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large frying pan, put the vegetable oil then sauté the garlic and onion for about 2 minutes. Afterwards, put the chicken liver and the chicken breast then bring to boil or until tender.
When boiling, you can add the carrots, sayote, string beans and cabbage and let simmer for about 3-5 minutes by covering the pan. Next is to add the right amount of salt and pepper to complete the taste.
When ready, remove some of the vegetables and immerse in a bowl to use for toppings.
Preheat a large wok or cooking pot and put vegetable oil, sauté the garlic and onion to golden brown. Then add the 1 liter of chicken stock and let boil for about 5-7 minutes before adding the Squash Noodles. Mix gently until the noodles had adsorbed the stock for about 5 minutes before adding the oyster sauce.
Lastly, add half of the cooked vegetables and quail eggs, a bit of salt and pepper if necessary.
When ready to serve, transfer the dish into a large platter and top the remaining vegetables to enjoy this special and healthful noodle recipe.