Whenever rainy season comes, perhaps one of the most favorite dishes of most Filipino families is the Original Chicken Sotanghon Soup. Definitely, this particular soup can easily warm your body and satisfy your gusto once you consume a medium bowl of this delicious sotanghon. With the combination of shredded or sliced chicken, sotanghon noodles, seasonings and the vegetables, this is truly a perfect choice. Another interesting factor about this recipe is that it is easier to prepare and serve for the whole family.
Here is the procedure for the Original Chicken Sotanghon Soup
- ½ kilo chicken breast (boiled shredded or sliced)
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced and chopped finely)
- 1 large onion (chopped finely)
- 1 pack of sotanghon noodles (soak in water for 10-15 minutes)
- 1 small carrot (sliced and julienned thinly)
- ½ cabbage (cleaned and chopped finely)
- 8 eggs (boiled and peeled, optional)
- ¼ cup of cooking oil
- Few spring onion leaves (chopped finely for garnishing)
- 10 cloves of garlic (fried until golden brown for garnishing)
- 6-7 cups of water
- 3 tablespoon atsuete extract
- 2 pieces of Knorr broth cubes (chicken flavor)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium casserole, put the cooking oil to sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, then add the chicken to become tender. Afterwards, include the atsuete extract and water, and then bring to boil.
When boiling, add the carrots, cabbage, sotanghon noodles and broth cubes, let simmer for about 10-15 minutes by covering the casserole. Then add the boiled eggs, salt and pepper to taste, let simmer for another 10-15 minutes until evenly cook.
When serving in the bowl, garnish with a few fried garlic and chopped spring onion leaves to make it more delectable.
Image credit: kawalingpinoy.com