There are actually different types of salads made from macaroni, but one of my favorites is the Chicken Macaroni Salad. I know that many Filipino families love this particular dish and so I want to share an easier way to prepare this delicious recipe. It does not matter if you need to bring this salad dish in a special occasion or at home, it is best to learn the exact procedure to make it perfect and delectable.
Here is the procedure for Chicken Macaroni Salad
- 1 kilo elbow macaroni (boiled and strained)
- ½ kilo chicken breast (boiled and sliced in small cubes)
- 1 cup of light natural mayonnaise
- 1 medium-sized carrot (grated or minced)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 medium can pineapple tidbits (drained and strained)
- 2 stalks of celery or parsley (chopped finely)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 red pepper (chopped finely, but optional)
- 2 cups of Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, chicken, mayonnaise, sugar, raisins, red pepper, tidbits and celery or parsley, and then mix well. Afterwards, add the salt and pepper to taste until you got the right taste of the salad.
When ready, transfer the mixed Chicken Macaroni Salad in a serving platter and topped the shredded cheese on top of it. You can now serve the dish to your loved ones to enjoy.
Image credit: allergicliving.com