When talking about the different beef recipes in the Philippines, we surely cannot deny that the Pure Beef Boiled Soup (Nilagang Baka) is among the best choices. Definitely, this particular recipe is delectable to eat and many Filipinos enjoy this anytime of the day. Of course, this type of beef soup is best during cold or rainy days. It is a complete dish with a satisfying aroma as well.
Here is the procedure for Nilagang Baka (Pure Beef Boiled Soup)
- 1 kilo beef (Sirloin cut into cubes)
- 1 medium-sized cabbage (cut into 6)
- 4 bunches of Pechay
- 4 pieces banana (Saba cut into halves)
- 2 stalks of onion leaves (cut into 7)
- 6 pieces Potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 1 large onion, (cut into halves)
- 3 stalks of chopped celery stalks (optional)
- 2 pieces sweet corn (cut into 4)
- 4 cups beef broth (optional)
- 8 cups of water
- Whole pepper and
- Salt to complete the taste
In a large pot, combine the broth and water and, then bring to boil. Wash the cut beef then include on the boiling water. When boiling, remove the bubbles inside the pot and put the pepper. After 30-40 minutes, check the beef if tender then put the potatoes, corn and bananas. Let boil for few minutes again and put the salt to taste. Afterwards, put the cabbage, onion leaves and celery until it simmer and ready to serve.
You can also replace the beef into pork or chicken!